by Alan Noel
Professional Wood Finisher
'Tis the season to get together with friends and family for the Holidays
and with all of the revelry and glad tidings, there are bound to be a few
mishaps along the way.
Since we humans may, uh, become a little tipsy from said revelry, here
are a few tips to help save Ma's or Grandma's dining, coffee or end tables that
may just get in the way.
1. Always use table pads on the dining table. If you have no pads,
use a couple of sheets and a table cloth for protection against
minor spills of food, gravy or a tipsy Grandpa.
2. NEVER let any table top come in direct contact with a very hot or cold pot
or plate. This will definitely cause some damage to the surface.
3. NEVER allow cold drink glasses or hot coffee/beverages to be placed
directly on any finished surface.
4. Always use coasters when serving hot or cold beverages and place
them anywhere children or I may be as a reminder.
5. If, for any reason a white ring/spot does appear, remove the offending
reveler, wipe the spot dry as soon as possible and then hope it disappears after
a few hours.
6. If said reveler is removed but white ring/spot still persists, it's time to call a professional
for advice. You may do more damage to the surface using the "old tried and true" method
someone may have passed along to you.
7. Happy Holidays!!
Alan can be reached via email c/o Alan Noel Furniture Refinishing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Wood News front page