Official Tormek Giveaway Rules & Guidelines
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. Offer void where prohibited. Participants are entered into the drawing upon completion of the online registration accessible from www.highlandwoodworking.com. Valid registration will begin on Friday, August 18, 2006. Deadline for entry is 11:59pm ET on Saturday, September 30, 2006. Multiple entries are valid, participants may enter as often as they like.
Highland Woodworking is not responsible for any inability by Participant to connect to the Internet or to log onto the Web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer hardware or software transmissions or technical failures, garbled, misrouted, scrambled or misdirected transmissions or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic.
Participants unable to register online can send in a 3 x 5 card or postcard printed with their name and telephone number to:
1045 N. Highland Ave., NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
All mailed entries must be received by Saturday, September 30, 2006. No later entries will be valid. Highland Woodworking will not accept and is not responsible for mailed entries that are late, lost, stolen, mutilated, damaged, incomplete, illegible, postage due, or misdirected.
No other method of entry is permitted.
Highland Woodworking reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Official Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY: THE GIVEAWAY IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Current and former employees of Highland Woodworking/Highland Hardware Inc., immediate family members and persons living in the same household are ineligible. By participating in or entering this sweepstakes, each participant, entrant and/or potential prizewinner unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules. The Giveaway is governed by Georgia law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- PRIVACY: Except as otherwise stated in these Official Rules, the use of the information each participant submits in this Giveaway is governed by Highland Woodworking's online privacy policies.
- DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: One winner, chosen by random on or around Monday, October 2, 2006 will receive the following:
Gift Certificate is valid on future purchases only with no returns or cash allowances. All decisions are final. Highland Woodworking will attempt to notify the potential winner e-mail or phone entry on or after October 2, 2006. Prize will be awarded on or about October 3, 2006 with date subject to change. If a potential winner does not respond to e-mail communication within ten (10) days after notification is sent or cannot be reached by telephone, or in the event any potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules for any reason, that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected at random by Highland Woodworking from among all remaining eligible entries received. If a potential winner does not properly claim their prize in accordance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited. No prize transfers or cash alternatives permitted. All decisions of Highland Woodworking are final in all matters relating to this Giveaway.
- 2006 Tormek Supergrind
- ADV50-D Stone Truing Tool
- LA-120 Profile Strop
- MH-380 Dust Cover
- SP-650 Stone Grader
- SVA-170 Axe Grinding Jig
- SVD-110 Tool Rest
- SVD-185 Universal Gouge Jig
- SVH-320 Planer/Jointer Knife Jig
- SVM-100 Long Knife Jig
- SVM-45 Short Knife Jig
- SVS-32 Short Tool Jig
- SVS-50 Turning & Carving MultiJig
- SVX-150 Scissor Jig
- TTS-100 Turning Tool Setter
- AN-04 Cabinetmaker's Apron
- A $1000.00 Highland Woodworking Gift Certificate
- APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: $2021.84
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the entry period.
- TAXES, EXPENSES AND OTHER CONSEQUENCES OF WINNING: Income or other taxes on prizes or other expenses related to the acceptance of a prize are the sole responsibility of the recipient. By accepting, or agreeing to accept a prize, the winner acknowledges, understands and agrees that he or she and any individual benefiting from such prize is and/or are solely responsible for the consequences and implications that may arise in connection with any other obligations or agreements by which he or she may be bound. The release of liability referred to below, which all winners will be required to sign will include an indemnification in favor of Highland Woodworking, with respect to any such responsibility and decision.
As a condition of receiving a prize, within ten (10) days of receiving notification, the potential winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Prize Acceptance form, which will also include a release from liability and a publicity release (unless prohibited by law) associated with the drawing. The publicity release will require the winner to agree that Highland Woodworking may use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, addresses (city and state), biographical and company information, prize information and/or statements about this sweepstakes for promotional, marketing, advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media worldwide, in any form and format, at the discretion of Highland Woodworking, without further notice, nor any limitation, restriction or compensation unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Highland Woodworking/Highland Hardware Inc. companies, vendors, affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of this sweepstakes, (the "Releasees"), are not responsible for printing or other errors or failure to receive entry information or any delays in delivery of entries, the prize or prize notification resulting from circumstances beyond Highland Woodworking’s control; or losses or damages of any kind that may arise from or in connection with entry or participation in this sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, costs or expenses, including taxes, incurred in entering, participating or accepting any prize or the receipt or use of any prize.
Highland Woodworking reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Highland Woodworking reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend the Giveaway should viruses, bugs, scripts, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security or fairness of the sweepstakes.
Highland Woodworking further reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or violates the entry process.
By entering the Giveaway, Participants agree to waive any rights to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules or the Giveaway itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of Highland Woodworking and the contest administrator whose decisions are binding and final.
- GOVERNING LAW: This Giveaway shall be governed by the laws of the U.S. and the state of Georgia without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof. In the event of a dispute, all actions shall be heard by state or federal courts located in Georgia without resort to any form of class action. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred including, without limitation, costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Participants hereby waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the drawing or intercept or interfere with the drawing may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and Highland Woodworking reserves the right to seek damages and pursue any and all remedies available, to the fullest extent of the law. The delay or failure of the Sponsors to enforce any particular provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
- RESULTS: Winner will be announced on www.highlandwoodworking.com on or about October 16, 2006, once recipient has been notified. Winner will also be featured in November issue of Wood News Online. To obtain the name of the Giveaway winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Tormek Giveaway Results
1045 N. Highland Ave., NE
Atlanta, GA 30306