Shop Visitor Distractions
A few years ago I purchased a new miter bit to use on my router table. While I was installing the bit into my router, a friend of mine stopped by. I continued to put everything together while we were chit-chatting. All was going well until I turned the router on. In an instant the router fell out of the table, destroyed an expensive router bit, and chewed up the power cord.
Because I was talking and not paying 100% attention to what I was doing, I had forgotten to tighten the clamp sleeve that holds the router. Since then every time I have company in my shop, I turn everything off, sit down and enjoy the visit. After they leave I can safely resume doing whatever it was I was doing before the visitor arrived.
Warner Robins, GA
Do you have a safety tip you always keep in mind when you are in the shop?
Share it with
, and you could get a $25 Highland Woodworking gift card
if we feature your tip in a
Visit Highland Woodworking's Online Safety Equipment Department